
So I'm a little behind but that's alright. We had our first ultrasound about 3 and a half weeks ago. I was about 9 weeks along and super nervous because I was meeting our doctor for the first time. In a military hospital you're never sure who or what you're going to get. Anyway, it turned out great!! My doctor is awesome and she will be with me the entire way. Plus she is a Christian and very supportive of helping me figure out the birthing plan that works for us. She did an ultrasound and for a moment Jeff and I held our breath. We half expected there to be 2 little peanuts in there! But we found only one. We were met with the most amazing image of a little form stretching its arms and legs then squirming around to show us its back. Apparently our little peanut does NOT like to be poked and prodded because it refused to turn around for the rest of the u/s. When the Dr tried to get it to move it would kick its little legs, but stick to its guns. Great a stubborn child already!! The picture we managed to get was of its back. That's alright. We know its in there and healthy and that's all we care about. Hopefully at the next u/s, which well be 18 weeks, it will be more cooperative. That is the week we will find out the gender. Even better, my Mom will be in town that same week. Happiness!
Hitting the 12 week mark this week I've noticed a little more of my energy coming back. However no food can seem to tempt me at all. My appetite has been next to nothing lately. Unfortunately, I've taken to eating whatever it is that seems remotely appealing. Not always the healthy food. I'm hoping my appetite comes back soon. Meanwhile, the crazy 7 pounds I gained almost immediately has subsided. I haven't seemed to gain more, but heading into the 2nd trimester I expect to start gaining more steadily.
One praise that is worthy of mentioning...I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis. Jeff was tested and found to NOT be a carrier. I hadn't realized how heavy this thought was in the back of my mind until the Dr called and told me the results. If you're not familiar with what this means....since I'm a carrier and Jeff is not....there is a 50% chance that the baby will just be a carrier rather than being at risk of actually having Cystic Fibrosis. Praise the Lord!!

Congratulations on the baby!! And that is good news about the Cystic Fibrosis :)
ReplyDelete