Monday, March 1, 2010

New Adventures


As you can imagine there has been nothing interesting going on in our lives until literally this week. I have been working, Jeff has been living and working in Ft. Benning and now we are finally embarking on our new adventure.

So to catch up:

Last Thursday (18th) Jeff finally received offical orders which told us he had to report to Kentucky Feb. 28th, in a week!! The only good news was that I was included in the orders, so the ARMY IS MOVING US!!! This is fantastic news since I was severly worried about my glass table. That Friday (19th) was my last day at work and I said good bye to my sweet babies and kids. Saturday I went to Athens to view my cousins Showchoir performance and he did an amazing job singing and playing his guitar, I was so proud. Then home to clean and pack for weeks trip in Columbus,GA for Jeff's graduation. Monday I had a shopping date with Jeff's mom and then drove down to Ft. Benning.

We had such a blast last week. Tuesday we had a very elegant formal dinner with Jeff's Cadre and classmates. Wednesday was by far the most exciting day for me as I went to greet my grandparents in the hotel lobby and sitting there was my MOM and my BROTHER!!!! They flew in from Germay that day to surprise me. Of course I immediately burst into tears and did not stop crying for at least 30 minutes. I really missed my family. Thursday was Jeff's graduation, I was so proud of him. He looked so handsome in his uniform and we were both so excited that we finally got to pin those butter bars on! We came home for a minute then drove to Athens to see my Sister play Lady Montegue in "Romeo and Juliet". I have a very talented family....what happened to me? =0)

Jeff drove up to KY yesterday and will spend this week looking for a house and hopefully getting leave to come home in time for the movers who come on March 8th. So, I am home organizing and preparing for our first big move. After 6 months I will finally get to be with my husband. WHEW!!

Like I said....There has been nothing going on in our lives until literally this week.

1 comment:

  1. aw Emily that is so exciting! KY is beautiful. I am bias...I was born there. :) Happy to hear how you and Jeff are doing!
    <3
    Anna

    ReplyDelete