Sunday, January 24, 2010
Horse races and Derby Hats
Well folks it is official we will be heading to Fort Knox, Kentucky after Jeff's graduation in February. He got his first choice which was Armor and he has been so excited ever since. Looking up all the tanks he is going to learn about and reading up on all sorts of things about Branch training. Needless to say he is pumped. We will not find out exactly when we will be heading that way until the first week of Feb. I am a little worried about working out the moving situation. We have been told that Jeff will still be in TRADOC mode (training mode) so I will not be included in the orders which effects everything. BAH (basic allowance for housing), whether this is a PCS or TDY in route, is there housing, and etc., etc. You can see how it can get overwhelming. Who really knows if Jeff is going to be there to help or not? We are so super excited though. I lived there years ago but Jeff has never been. Some friends and I have decided to go to the Derby just so we can buy fancy hats. LOVE IT!! Anyway, God will work all this moving/housing stuff out and we will be great. It hasn't hit me that we are moving to a different state. I've been in the same place for almost 6 years. The longest I have ever lived anywhere, so it is weird to think I'm starting my brand new adventure with the hubby in a new state. GET THIS: My parents started their Army career together at Fort Knox, KY with a black cat and a black dog. WE are starting our Army career together at Fort Knox, KY with a black cat and a black dog. Eerie huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so fun! I'm from Kentucky, and we visit occassionally, so if I am there while you are, we'll have to visit!
ReplyDeleteyea, how exciting.. we wish you guys the best!
ReplyDeleteSean just arrived in Texas today. I'll find out Tuesday if we can join him for sure...
Keep in touch! I'm enjoying following your blog! You do a great job!