Friday, March 12, 2010
In the process
We have been in a whirlwind of a week. Monday the movers came, Tuesday we drove to our new house, Wednesday we did something I can't remember, Thursday our household goods arrived, and today we started unpacking it all. My Goodness! Our new home is very cute. Old but cute. Hardwood floors through out all the rooms with dark beige walls and dark brown molding. Stone tile in the kitchen and bathroom with sage green walls. Basically kind of perfect for my stuff. We have 2 bedrooms, living room, dining room, an office "nook", 1 bathroom, and kitchen. We also have a huge basement with 2 other storage rooms, only problem is I don't do basements. BTW the laundry room is down there. Yikes. I managed to get the kitchen unpacked with the help of my sister who generously devoted her spring break to tagging along with Jeff and I to KY. Today I attempted to start our bedroom, but it isn't done yet. Finding places to put things will be a challenge. We don't have as much closet space as we did in our apartment. Its weird because it seems like we have more space, but at the same time we don't. My sister leaves Sunday and I am preparing myself for the void that will inevitably unfold after she leaves. I've been scoping out my neighbors and so far I've established that the people next door have a husky but are never home. There is a couple who looks like they are expecting their first child and they have a very happy puppy. Plus they have waved at us a few times so I'm seeing some potential there. LOL it has been so long since I've had to make new friends I forgot how to do it! Church hopefully on Sunday and maybe that will put us in the loop of social connections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment