Sunday, November 15, 2009

Seeing my Hubby


I just got back from Ft. Benning to see my Jeffrey and go to my Big's baby shower. It worked out perfectly that Danielle's shower and Jeff's off weekend was at the same time. Jeff convinced me that I shouldn't move down to Columbus unless we find out we get stationed there. I'll admit I like Ft. Benning the second time around. I was really mad at it the first time we went, but once I got my bearings I was impressed with it. The new housing they have is awesome, and the old housing is gorgeous and classic. The PX is better than I've seen in awhile too, so okay I'm not mad at it anymore. Probably because I was able to see it in the daylight. I had a lovely weekend with my hubby and visiting Joe and Danielle. It was so fun to see Joe and Danielle prepare for their new baby girl due in like 7 weeks. The drive down to Columbus isn't so bad only about 2.5 hours. As long as you can get through Atlanta traffic you are pretty much set. It is making me miss Jeff a lot more. I get to talk to him and now he has a new computer and we can skype everyday. That is hard because to use a cliche term he is so close yet so faraway. Grrr. We enjoyed one of two dog parts this afternoon. Hayley was able to run to her hearts content while we enjoyed some food. Bless her heart, she slept the entire way home and is still exhausted. Jeff is so ready for OCS. I have been so in awe at how much he wants to be successful. He is doing extra PT so he can max his test and getting class notes from OCS grads so he can prepare for his own classes. I knew that when he puts his mind to things he never backs down. I mean come on, that's how he got me! He is one determined young man and he proves that to me every minute! I LOVE IT!


2 comments:

  1. aw Emily..you are a strong woman. I wouldn't be able to live without my hubby for more than a week. Army wives seriously have an extra layer of toughness to them. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to read about you two! Glad you got to go see him last week end. Lucky you are so close! It will be nice though when we can finally live TOGETHER with our men!

    ReplyDelete