Monday, November 9, 2009
Keep Moving Forward
We are finally through the 1st phase of Jeff's training. He graduated on Friday and we raced home to unpack then pack again for OCS. Saturday we drove down to Ft. Benning, GA and Jeff reported there to work detail until November 22nd when OCS starts. He has nights and weekends free so it will help us feel more connected, maybe even make the separation go by faster. It is absolutely going to kill me that he has this time that we can be together and I'm here in Dawsonville. It is only a 2 and a half hour drive but when you are trying to see your true love it feels like forever. But at least I get to see him and that is all I can ask for. Jeff was really excited about getting to the next phase in his training. This one feels more like we are in the Army if that makes any sense. Maybe because we have more involvement together rather than just him. Hayley was a little weirded out to see him. We woke up in the middle of the night to her sitting between us staring at him. He was in her spot so I'm sure she was hoping he would move. Anywho, it was wonderful to have our little family together for one night. In keeping with my Aunt's favorite motto...KEEP MOVING FORWARD.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment