Thursday, August 6, 2009

Separation Pay

We are now heading into the final days before Jeff leaves. Tomorrow, after work, Jeff and I are taking the weekend and going to Myrtle Beach. Unfortunately I tried very hard to get a half day off of work but my efforts have failed so we will make the long drive to the beach and spend Saturday and part of Sunday at the beach. So Worth It!! Had we known what our situation would have been we would have planned to take the week off. But due to the uncertainty and unstable scheduling for both of us we weren't able to do so. No worries though, we are still very excited to be able to get out of town. Next week will be filled with last minute paperwork, organizing clothes, dinners with friends and families, and a haircut (for both of us), details for his going away party, and then of course work in between. Jeff is getting more excited by the minute and I'll admit I am anxious as well to enter into our new chapter. We have been trying to figure out what we will be getting as far as a paycheck. Jeff informed me that I get separation pay. Trust me it is not a lot but I have dubbed it "Emily's Shopping Therapy" hehe He hates when I say that. But he knows I am just kidding....sort of. I have had some sad moments this week, but that is to be expected. I am going to miss him VERY much.

My sissy comes home this Saturday, but I won't get to see her until Jeff's party. It will be sooooo nice to see my sister and have her back in the states. She is now a year older. While I was being diagnosed with bronchitis she was celebrating her 21st b-day in PARIS!!! What a lucky girl. I know she was absolutely thrilled and I am so glad she had that opportunity. Once in a lifetime memories.

I still have not packed and our apartment is a mess and I HATE coming home to a dirty house after a vacation. I better go see how productive I can be with Shark Week on t.v.

No comments:

Post a Comment