Monday, August 17, 2009

Phase I







Jeff officially left this evening to start Basic Training. He was so excited and ready to go, but he had his sad moments, which then made me sad. But we know that GOD has a great plan for us and we are sooo excited. He looked so cute getting ready to walk into the hotel. The prep for all this has been madness and stressful. I was so afraid we forgot something. Guess we'll find out tomorrow. Basically he will go through a 4 day in-processing, then start his hard core training after that. It hasn't quite hit me that he is gone for 9 weeks but I plan on keeping myself busy and the time will just fly buy. I managed to hold myself together until we had to say good-bye and even HE got a little teary eyed. Then GOD showed me a rainbow on the way home and reminded me of his promise. Everything is going to be okay. We have wonderful friends and two of the sweetest pets a gal could ask for. I am actually looking forward to the challenge of being on my own.Of course when I came home Jeff had left me a beautiful bouquet and tickets to see Chicago at the Fox Theater. They are for our one year anniversary. What a good man?! Now I have something to do on our 1 year anniversary in September and won't be all sad. My sister and I will have a blast!!


1 comment:

  1. How sweet is that?! I am very impressed by his thoughtfulness! :) We will be praying for you both during this time. I'm sure God will use this time to draw you both closer to Him, and that can never be a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete