Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Deployment Raincloud

With a deployment looming in our near future there is a lot to get done and not enough time to do it. Everyone handles them differently and I hope to handle this one with a patient heart. However, the stress leading up to "d-day" can be a roller coaster of change, papers, and who knows what all. I have moments where I'm inexplicably frustrated and emotional. They can be so overwhelming that poor Jeff stands there helplessly while I struggle to communicate why I'm so upset. I've dubbed these "Deployment Rainclouds". Case in point: This past weekend was extremely busy and I found myself feeling very sad Sunday afternoon. Mostly because my mental countdown was telling me that I only have a few weekends left with Jeff and I didn't feel like we had any quality time. My wonderful husband sensed this (more like I told him this) and wanted to go to the commissary for me. Which would have been SO HELPFUL. This, for some reason, just put me over the edge. You see we always go together when we can and this was going to be another hour of our weekend that we were not together. I began aimlessly wondering around the house with Maddie on my hip trying to convince Jeff that he didn't need to go or to just get milk. Let me paint you a picture...Me holding Maddie in the hallway, in tears no less, and Jeff attempting to be cheerful hugging us, and saying he'll be back in a little while. Poor man couldn't get out of the house fast enough! Aka a Deployment Raincloud. I should note that most Army spouses probably don't react like this. I just happen to be an overly emotional wreck sometimes...I prefer to say that I'm just super passionate. Ha! Despite my moments, we are surrounded by wonderful friends and a supportive unit. Most spouses are heading home once the guys leave. I will stay home to support the spouses who are here and continue to be involved in our community. Plus, I really like my bed. Prayers that these Deployment Rainclouds will remain at bay as we prepare for the next chapter in our lives. Also, that I will feel full filled by the time I do get to spend with Jeff.
Madelyn Pearl- 28 April 2012- 7 months old
The good thing is those rainclouds don't last long with this sweet thing around! She has the ability to melt all the sadness away and bring only sunshine! Thank you God for little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment