Thursday, February 10, 2011
Ugh, This House!!
I am so frustrated with this house. Yes, it is military housing and yes it is old and no, it has not been renovated. I grew up in houses like this, but I don't remember them being in this state. Of course I wasn't doing the cleaning then. When they re-paint the houses in between residence they just slap it on the walls and don't take the time to make it nice. The tile floors are fine, however, they are so old that they don't ever look clean. Add two long haired black animals and you've got yourself a messy house no matter how often I vacuum. The difference between Fort Knox and here is black and white. We lived in the historic houses in KY, so they were actually a lot older than the one we live in know. But it had been renovated and the housing office did an amazing job cleaning it and painting it. We had wood floors (which makes a HUGE difference) and the walls were painted either a nice sage color or a camel tan color. Makes it a little more homey. Here is it just different. I think it would make all the difference if we had 2 bathrooms and the stupid washer and dryer didn't have to be in the kitchen. Oh well, as long as Jeff and I are together it is a home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment