Monday, January 31, 2011

OMG!!

I just spent an entire afternoon trying to get this header thing right. Obviously it still isn't right. GRRR!! So frustrating. We kind of hit the ground running since our fabulous trip to Europe. It was three weeks filled with adventure, culture, and family. We visited so many places and I can't even describe them all to you. But it was a blast I can tell you that, a once in a lifetime opportunity. Like I said before since we got back we have been busy, busy, busy. Jeff started his "real" job as platoon leader for 2nd platoon Charlie Company. His hours are usually from 5am to 10 or 11pm. At least that's how it has been the past few weeks. I got certified to teach Army Family Team Building classes. Starting this month I'll be volunteering with Army Community Services. I'm excited and nervous. This is something I've been wanting to do for awhile and now that it is here I'm a nervous wreck. Jeff has been doing an amazing job. His company commander thinks highly of him and awarded him a special coin with Jeff's call signal engraved on. This past week the Brigade commander requested the Operations Order Jeff made for a range he was in charge of. This is a rare thing so Jeff felt really honored to have this opportunity. I am sooooo proud of him!!! Despite not seeing him very often I know that he is happy with what he is doing and that he is good at it. What wife could ask for more!! I am looking forward to getting involved in the unit more. As well as getting to know our new Battalion commander...who just happens to be LTC and Mrs Kraft. Yep spelled the same and everything. It has been interesting and will probably cause some confusion. Jeff's a good sport about it though. I'm just happy I won't be left off any email lists. Having the same last name as the commander makes it easy to be spotted. Hayley was super sick last week so she is slowly recovering from that. She is such a perky puppy that when she is sick it is a complete difference.
With Love from Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment