I'm so unbelievably excited because we have 20 days left until our big Europe trip! I can barely focus on Thanksgiving I'm that anxious. Twenty days until we leave, 28 days until we get to Weisbaden to see my Mom, brother, and sister, and 29 days until my Dad comes home from Iraq. It is going to be an amazing trip. Not too sure what we are doing for Thanksgiving yet since Jeff may be serving at the Mess Hall. We will either leave that afternoon for Augusta or stay here and be thankful for our friends who have offered to share their dinners with us. Planning ahead for our 3 week trip has been a little overwhelming. Trying to plan out what we should send ahead of time, buying Christmas presents, how to pay bills, and our taking care of our pets all has to be decided a month in advance. Luckily we have two wonderful families who have willingly offered to watch Hayley and KitCat while we are gone. Ten days at one house, 12 days at another. The separation will be harder on Jeff and I then on them I suspect.
Other than our trip we have nothing new happening. Jeff continues to learn the ways of the Army in his Platoon Leader position. He has decided (after consulting with his commander) that going to Ranger School while a PL will only hurt his leadership experience. Therefore we hope he will continue with Ranger School after his PL time is over next November. I am looking forward to my first coffee group (a social group for spouses in the unit) in December. This will hopefully help me feel more connected to the wives in the unit and maybe make some new friends. Since we came here just as the soldiers of 1/15 were returning home from deployment everyone has been busy readjusting to their families so there hasn't been much going on to get involved with. Hoping that will change come January when we welcome a new Battalion commander. Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment