Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Impatiently Yours

Last week I braved Atlanta traffic and drove to Ft. McPherson to get my military ID. First I dropped Hayley off at doggie daycare (yep that's right daycare) and then sat 2 and half hours in traffic for what should have been a 45 min drive. After discovering that my dear husband doesn't organize his important papers in his car and flashing my eye lashes at the MPs I was allowed to get on post. Then I signed a few papers, took a few pictures and was handed my fabulous Military ID. It feels so nice to have one those again. Now I can go get my eyebrows waxed and get a discount. Yes!! This past weekend and this week have just been CRAWLING by. I think it is because Jeff is almost done with BCT and the chance of seeing him soon is pulling at my heartstrings. The plan is...well there is no plan...but if there was one Jeff will either leave Ft Jackson this weekend after is FTX or he graduates with the rest of his glass Nov. 5-6. This means that I have to be prepared for anything. So, the directions from home to Jackson, from Jackson to Benning, from Benning to home are printed and in the car. A bag is packed in case Jeff calls this weekend and says he is released. I have turned in a time off request for next week and I'm about to make hotel reservations, just in case. It sounds like I've got it all together but I don't feel like it at all. Truth be told I feel completely overwhelmed and its only TUESDAY!! That is what makes it hard is that I will know by this weekend what is going on, I just have to wait until then. The fact that I may get to see my husband at the end of it makes it that much harder to be patient. I am anxious, nervous, excited, and impatient. Just another reminder that GoD is in COMPLETE control of my life and I am not. I love my GoD!

No comments:

Post a Comment