Monday, June 1, 2009

Finally Moving Forward!

Today Jeffrey was officially sworn into the Army and finally given a ship out date for basic training. He will be leaving August 18th for basic and then OCS (Officer Candidate School) 2 November. We are so thrilled to have dates and a commitment set in stone. It is such a relief. Jeff is really excited about having a career in motion. Naturally my Dad is ecstatic and asking all sorts of questions and "talking shop". Now we are in a hurry up and wait stage. We will continue to pray for God's guidance and look for opportunities to be patient. Meanwhile, I am struggling to cope with the idea that my parents and brother will be leaving in two weeks to Germany. It is not easy, but I have managed to hold it together and soak up all I can with my parents. They are here in Georgia and are what we call "Army declared homeless" as they are between homes. I am grateful for the advice my Mom has been giving me and hopefully I can be as good of an Army wife as my Mom is. She basically rocks and makes all the tough decisions and situations the Army throws at her look easy. Her patience, kindness, and selfless service she shows to anyone and everyone she meets in the Army is an example I would like to follow. It is a bittersweet transition for us. We love being near all out friends and family, but are relishing in the thought of discovering our own adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment