Monday, January 4, 2010
Where are you Christmas??
How did this happen? How did Christmas come and go so quickly? I swear I thought I was ahead of the game with Christmas presents. The next thing I knew it was a day before Christmas and I had barely even started. The moments I usually try to cherish during this season seemed to pass so fast. However, I did enjoy those moments while they lasted. Like setting Christmas up with my sister and hubby, listening to the our favorite Christmas carols, and drinking egg nog. Or driving to the MANY places we wanted to be Christmas Eve, day, and the day after with Jeff and enjoying just sitting quietly next to him. Despite my best efforts to subdue my emotional craziness, I was a little disheartened. I missed my family and with my Dad's deployment only a few days after Christmas they were constantly on my mind. Jeff was so compassionate and knew just when I needed a hug. We really had fun though. Seeing all of our families (the ones in state) and not having to worry about work was very relaxing. Santa was very good to us and we used some of our "Santa" money for our vacation the following week. What a relief it was to know I didn't have to be at work for 11 days, including weekends. I just needed a break and I got it. God is good. Asheville, NC is so beautiful and there was snow!! Okay, a little bit of snow but just enough to make me and Jeff happy as we crunched through every pile we found. We skied, shopped, visited the Biltmore, and got ourselves a couples massage. Fabulous. The wonders of technology made it possible for Jeff and I to video chat with Daddy just two days after he landed in Iraq. It was great because we got some great advice, aren't parents awesome?! Sunday Jeff and I were very quiet and sad, we drove down to Ft. Benning and I dropped him off and headed back home. I think Hayley and KitCat were very happy to have their spot back in the bed. But I was still a little lonely. Anywho, we're back in the swing of things and counting down the days until Jeff is assigned his branch in two weeks. We are very excited about that. Off to bed, looking forward to seeing my sister tomorrow. She survived the new security measures at international and stateside airports. Albeit a little frazzled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment