How awful am I?! I have not updated our blog since Jeff left and I promised I would. Not that there is much to report. Jeff has been diligent in writing my letters the past three weeks and I have really enjoyed reading them. The deeper into training he gets the more excited he gets about it. He LOVES it. Which is true confirmation that he is where God wants him to be. He sounded like a little boy when he got his M16 and he came in 4th in a competition to disassemble and assemble his weapon. Yay for Jeffrey! I have been keeping busy by redecorating out living room and working. I am so grateful for my friends who have been loyal enough to call and check up on me. I was fortunate enough to go to the Kicks Country Jam to see Craig Morgan in Concert with my good friend Kellyn. I say a Craig Morgan concert because he was the only one worth seeing. Although Kellyn and I both agreed that Love and Theft rocked the show and we are now fans. The best part is as soon as we entered the gate we were handed backstage passes to meet Craig Morgan. What an awesome night!!
I have been waking up each day saying I just have to make it to the end of October because that is when I would see Jeff. I needed a goal to get to, if that makes sense. Unfortunately, Jeff will not be apart of the BCT graduation ceremony because he has to start OCS on time. This means that I won't see him at the end of October and now there is no definite date when I get to see him. You know, I know better than to get my hopes up about anything in the Army. All Army Wives know this, but that doesn't mean we don't hope against all odds that the Army will not change things at the last minute. HAHA! But I can not dwell too much on this. As my mother always says "Someone always has it worse." So very true, but I like to tag on "It doesn't mean I can't cry about it." I could not be more proud of Jeffrey though. Even though I miss him something terrible I know he is where he is supposed to be. I wouldn't change that for the world. God has blessed us and I pray that he will continue to bless our time apart. So that we can grow closer to Him and only strengthen our love for each other. Jeff has proven to be a bit of a romantic when it comes writing letters. It is refreshing, since words are often not is forte. But I love him for it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment