Sunday, May 24, 2009

An important day in history

This is a very special day when I, Emily Kraft, have become a blogger. I have no idea what compelled me to do something completely out of my "computer" routine. You know the e-mail, facebook, back to e-mail, then back to facebook routine. I think I felt inspired while checking up on some friends on fb who have so diligently kept up with a blog, that I thought I would give it a try. Who in their right mind would want to read the daily life of Jeff and Emily Kraft is beyond me. Except for maybe my Mother, who along with my Dad, brother and two dogs will be moving to Weisbauden Germany come June 15. Maybe this is a way to keep my mom informed of every little detail I like to fill her in on during my drives home from work everyday. Yes, I call my mom EVERYDAY. Since I can't call long distance everyday, she can check it whenever she feels the need to check up on me.

We have a big week coming up. I start summer camp with my kindergartners and 1st graders. We have a full schedule of water days, field trips, and fun days. This means I will be driving the bus A LOT. Something I am not looking forward to. Please Pray for my nerves! Jeff will be working as usual, but Wednesday he has an important interview that could change our lifestyle completely.

January of this year Jeff began to contemplate joining the Armed forces. First he researched the Air force, then decided on the Army. Which is great for me since I am a recently retired Army brat. After a lot of prayer and conversations with my Dad (aka Colonel Mark E Calvert) we began to speak to a recruiter. Four months later we have hit every road block imaginable. Paper work not filed on time, missing forms, and postponed meetings and interviews. Hopefully this Wednesday we will finally know where God's plan will be taking us.

I cannot guarantee that I will be as diligent as my dear friends in keeping up with a blog but until the next time GOD BLESS

1 comment:

  1. I'll be keeping up with you guys through your blog since Jeff doesn't always share with me the fun details of your lives! I miss you guys! Maybe you'll inspire me to start blogging too...you never know! :) We will be praying for Krafty on Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete